Monday, March 9, 2009

This stuff never happens to me

Saturday morning I got up and ran a 5k. I didn't place in my age group, but I did run a minute and a half faster than last year. I was pretty excited about that. My day just got better from there.

Saturday afternoon there was some craft show downtown in Birmingham. It was at a place called the BJCC. Also going on this weekend at the BJCC was the Davis Cup. For those of you who aren't tennis fans that is a team tennis tournament.

I originally wanted to get tickets to the Davis Cup but it was sold out minutes after the tickets went on sale. So we are downtown walking to the craft show when some guy asks us if we need tickets to the Davis Cup. He said it was $20 for the pair. I originally tell him nah, but then turn around to ask him who is playing. he tells me it's just the doubles. He then says, if you want the tickets you can just have them. I thought he was joking until he insisted I take them and told us to have a good time. So we got in and the seats were great. We had a great view of everything.

It was a blast. I have never been to a sporting event wher eyou cheer for your country. People were excited about tennis, there were cheerleaders, music in between games, chanting - it was awesome. The US won there match Saturday and beat Switzerland overall for the weekend.

1 comment:

Zac said...

Similar thing happened to me this summer in New York. My friend George and I were walking through Times Square and he was sporting his Mets jersey and hat. This guy asked if we were going to the game and when we said yes, he asked if we had tickets, George told him that he had one but that I didn't. At which point he handed me four upper deck front row box seats, told me to sell the other three and have a good time. Then he vanished.