Monday, February 23, 2009

computer troubles

For the second time this year the ac adapter to my Dell computer has shorted out. In the past year this makes the third AC adapter I will have used and I'm on the computer's second battery. The fist battery died out after a couple years, but I didn't replace it for a long time after that.

I have had several problems out of my Dell computers. It's pretty irritating that they consistently provide bad service and faulty parts. Kendall recently bought a Dell computer that had problems after two months and they would not do an on site visit to fix it. I guess as long as we're buying they aren't going to change anything.

While at work on Saturday I had a computer repairman sit at my desk. In casual conversation I asked him if he thought one particular brand of computer was worse than others. I expected he would confirm my suspicions about Dell. Insteak I got a 40 minute dissertation on the computer market, price ranges, and life expectancy. He proceeded to draw me a graph and diagram with a bell curve of computers. All the while people that had legitimate banking needs sat in the lobby. I felt like a tool talking to this nerd who too my question way to seriously.

Anyways, I'm blogging on Jen's hp laptop today. It's a good computer, but the battery is dead on it as well and won't hold a charge.

That's my rant for the day.

No comments: