Monday, May 4, 2009

p90x

The latest new craze in the work out world seems to be p90x. I know several people that have tried it, and some seem to be getting some good results. I thought all the whining and complaining about it being tough must be overrated. However, a guy I work with burned me a copy. I've been working out for years, so I thought I should be able to do it pretty easily - wrong.

I tried something called core synthetics for the first day. This was on the "lean" program. It was basically an hour of exercises that work every muscle while engaging your core. I was drenched in sweat after 15 minutes. I was soar the entire next day. I haven't been following the program 100 percent but I've been doing the workouts about 3 times a week. After the arms video the following day I could barely lift my arm. The legs video was slightly less painful.

Jen has stuck with it more than me. She said the yoga was pretty cruel. The worse thing I've found is something the called the abripper. It's 15 minutes of hard core abdominal work. I can definitely see why this workout plan gets you in shape but its pretty tough.

In the event I become sculpted like an Adonis like the people in the photos I will post pics. I don't think that will happen though.

No comments: