Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter

Last weekend Jen and I headed home for Easter weekend. We had a great time. Saturday I went golfing with Scott and Dusty. It was fun, despite the weather man totally missing the forecast.

Sunday Jen and I went to church with my parents. Then we did some family events. One cool thing we did was went to Barry Litton's farm and saw his miniature horses. Barry Litton is the owner of a local Knoxville restaurant. Jen's uncle is friends with him and took us up there. The mini horses and mini donkeys were pretty neat. They were kind of like big dogs.

We also had an Easter egg hunt for Taylor. We put treats in eggs and let her find them in the back yard. She had a great time. It was pretty entertaining to watch her sniff out the eggs.

One thing I noticed more this Easter than any other were the amount of people I know excited about their church services. It appears to me that Easter Sunday has become the "superbowl" of church service Sundays. It makes since that this would happen. Easter is the one day a year most people attend church. Therefore, you must pull out all the stops to hopefully pull in people that wouldn't normally attend in. Almost everyone I know that works or is associated with church was excited about the plannings of their Sunday morning. My church in Knoxville had a great service lined up as well. The music was great, and their were some surprises as well. I think it's good that churches go the extra mile on Easter to encompass more people.

No comments: