Saturday, December 29, 2007

On the Road Again

It's an hour and a half until I leave work and we head back to Knoxville.... for the second week in a row. Visiting home and family time are great, but the drive is not a lot of fun.

I'm excited about this weekend because we'll get to see somr friends which we always don't have time to do.

Living away from Knoxville makes you reminess any time you hear a song about travel or home. Therefore I'm compiling a list of my favorite traveling songs in no particular order:

1. Floridays - Jimmy Buffett
2. Break Down - Jack Johnson
3. Back where I come From - Kenny Chesney
4. Cowboy in the Jungle - Jimmy Buffett
5. Where the Blacktop Ends - Keith Urban
6. Why Georgia - John Mayer
7. Summerland - Everclear
8. Mexico - James Taylor
9. Run - George Strait
10. Goodnight Moon - Jack Ingram

*Sweet Home Alabama will never be on this list I hate that song with a passion now that I live here. It's like a Redneck love song combined with Bama's fight song - it's disgusting.

Most people probably think this is the most random list ever. Probably because it is. Truth be told I could probably make a list of 10 Buffett tracks that no one has even heard of.

Jimmy Buffett wrote that he measures a car ride in songs not time. Seems like a much better way to pass the time to me.

1 comment:

Lucky said...

My car has a problem with not spitting CDs out. So usually my travel music is one thing and one thing only: Radio.