Sunday, November 9, 2008

Homecoming

Yesterday was homecoming for my alma matre, The University of Tennessee. Homecoming is always a game I try to make it to. I graduated college three years ago, so Homecoming is kind of a tradition Jen and I have started.

Yesterday was a pretty good day. In the morning my dad and I went out and played some tennis. I'm starting to get my groundstrokes back the more I hit. For those of you that don't know, I'm trying to get back in to playing tennis. There is a local league starting in January and my goal is to get to a point where I can play competitively in my division. So Dad and I put in about an hour of practice yesterday.

After that I donned my orange and white and Jen and I headed to the game. A friend of my dad's gave us his tickets. The seats were awesome. We were on the 15 yard line, 40 rows back, in seats with cushions and backs already on them. It was the perfect place to watch an unperfect execution of Tennessee football. For anyone that didn't see the news yesterday, Tennesse lost it's homecoming game to the Wyoming Cowboys. Yeah - SEC football at it's finest.

After the game we headed to Litton's for a great dinner. TN football and Litton's are two things I miss in Birmingham.

Today we are toting all our Christmas decorations back home that we stored up here. Next weekend will begin the Christmas decorations holiday extravaganza at the Brooks Household. I will post some pictures.

In brighter news, I work tomorrow and then I'm off on Tuesday for Veteran's Day. I love bank holidays.

No comments: