Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Overly Festive


It has recently been brought to my attention at work that me and another associate might be overly festive. I know this may be hard to believe.

Apparently just because I own one or seven holiday sweaters, have been playing Christmas music since mid November and talk about holiday movies like they are classic films I've been given this stigma of being overly festive.

I mean, isn't it normal to have lots of holiday clothing. What would Christmas Eve be without my reindeer sweater. I even talked Jen in to getting a snowflake sweater last Christmas. And it's perfectly normal to put your tree up right after Halloween isn't it. You only get to enjoy it this once a year. Go big or go home I say. I only have a small balcony, but you can bet that every part of it that can host a decoration has a colored light on it. Yes, you head that right, COLORED LIGHTS. Because classy Christmas white just doesn't cut it for me. I grew up with this nice tree at my parents house with the white lights and "nice" ornaments. There are no arts and crafts on my parents tree, with the exception of the angel I made in the second grade that I insist be placed upon the top of the tree.

Some people thing that Christmas has become overly commercialized. I'm not saying I disagree with this, but I have some nice renditions of songs referring to the birth of Christ on the Christmas mix I made myself that I listen to in the car.

I think if there is any problem with the festiveness of the holidays it is because other people just don't have the spirit like I do.

No comments: