Saturday, December 27, 2008

Tender Tennessee Christmas


I haven't blogged in a while so I thought I would catch everyone up on our Christmas break. I got off from December 19-25 to go home for the holidays. We had a great time but still didn't manage to see everyone and do everything we intended.

Every Monday Kendall and I email each other "the rundown" of activities from the weekend. I will give you all the rundown of Christmas Vacation.

Saturday - My mom had strep throat so I did my best to avoid getting germs at the house. Dad and I played some tennis and hung around the house. Jen and I went to the mall and to Gondolier (a local pizza place) for dinner on Saturday. At the mall we saw 5 people we knew. Two of them I went to high school with and they already have 2 kids. Weird...

Sunday - Got up and went to my old church. Then we headed to Jen's grandmothers for lunch and a Christmas exchange with Jen's extended family. I left her grandmother's house with a large pocket full of money and way too much food in my stomach. We ate dinner with my parents later that evening.

Monday - We got up early and headed to Pigeon Forge for some holiday shopping. We spent most of the day there with my mom. We came back to town and met some of my good friends for dinner at the Butcher Shop (semi-fancy steak restaurant). The food was not the best that night, but we had a great time with our friends. Afterwards Jen and I went and looked at a few festively decorated houses.

Tuesday - We got up and went to see my grandparents in Clinton. That was followed by getting a haircut and some light shopping in west Knoxville. Dad and I played tennis that afternoon. Jen went to the Ye Ole Steakhouse (nice steak restaurant) with her good friends and their moms. I went and got her a couple presents while she was there. Then I went over to Dusty and Emilee's to see their dogs and have a festive beverage with Dusty. It was good times.

Wednesday - It is a Christmas Eve tradition to go to lunch with my parents. We went to the Downtown Grill and Brewery (just like it sounds) for lunch. We walked around the city and then went to see Four Christmases at the downtown theater. That movie was absolutely hilarious. Christmas Eve night the tradition is to eat with Jen's family, in particular her dad's side. Her mom hosted the dinner this year and it was fantastic. Prime Rib was the main course.

Thursday - Christmas morning we still get up early to open presents. We did Christmas breakfast and presents at Jen's parents and then we did lunch with my parents. Jen's parents joined us for lunch too. We got most of your typical Christmas presents but did get a few things of note. Jen got a new Dooney and Burke purse, a Vera Bradley dog carrier, a black onyx ring from me and lots of clothes. I got a couple suits, a new racquet bag and some Rayban Wayfarers from Jen. It was a really great Christmas.

So that is what we spent our week of vacation doing. We came home very tired. I wish I could have seen more people, and done more things but that will just have to be on the next trip. I did get a gift card to Litton's (local burger place) and plan on going there next time we are in. I hope everyone else had as great a Christmas as we did.

No comments: