Monday, December 29, 2008

New Years Resolutions

Drink More Water - I made this one last year but I've slacked off in the past few months. Those 24oz diet Pepsi's have slowly replaced the water I was drinking.

Update My blog more regularly - I went from doing about 12 posts a month to about 2. I think my goal for 2009 will be to have around 6 posts a month. That is once about every 4 days. So the 5 of you that read this can try and hold me accountable.

Eat Better - Jen and I are both going to try and work on eating better. I've slowly been trying to do this anyways. However, we are going to cut out a lot of bad sweets and too large portion sizes.

Stay Active - Last year I planned to run a half marathon. I don't know if I will do that this year or not. However, I am planning to keep up my cardio by running, biking, and playing tennis. I also plan to continue lifting weights, but probably not at the same intensity. I probably won't be benching 200lbs very often any more.

Have an Active Social Life - I hope in 2009 we can do more things out with friends in Birmingham. Go to movies, bowling, or just have people over for dinner occasionally.

Develop a taste for wine - I'm not talking about me and Jen throwing down on a Friday night alone at the apartment, but we both would like to learn a little bit about wines. There are several health benefits to drinking a glass of red wine a day, and it's a sophisticated beverage to enjoy.

No comments: