Saturday, June 14, 2008

Just a Groomsman and not a Groom

We're in Knoxville for Scott and Kristin's wedding this weekend. I got lucky and was able to get off Friday so we are having a long weekend. So far things have been fun - here is the rundown.

Friday morning went golfing with all the groomsmen. Lucky for me we played to course I grew up playing at, and despite my lack of recent practice I still shot under a 100. I proceeded to go to the tuxedo store after the golf. I felt somewhat violated and accosted by the 80 year old lady working in there. She had no problem handing the waist of my pants. There was tugging and adjusting and we exchanged some words about the fit of the tux. She says it fits, even though I'm sure me and three of my friends could get inside the shirt. Oh well, It's comfy.

Friday night was the rehearsal dinner. The food was amazing, and then it turned in to a roast for Scott. It was pretty entertaining at his expense. After that went for some late night video games at one of the groomsmen's house.

Today I got a haircut, and went to the bike store with dad. He is looking for a road bike, and in the process of dad looking for a bike I found one I like. It's a jamis coda hybrid road bike. So if you know anyone in the market for a mountain bike, I may be looking to sell mine. Serious inquiries only please.

I have to be at the church at 4 for pictures, and that's really when my day will start. I'm just glad I'm in the wedding and it's not my wedding. I'm happy for my friends, but it's nice to go and just have to stand on stage.

I'll try and post some pics and updates of the wedding soon.

No comments: