Wednesday, June 4, 2008

summertime is here

I realize my blocking has slacked off in the past month or so. It seems that since I do not sit by myself in an office watching the clock all day,that I don't always find the time to post my insightful thoughts. I'll try to do better, but anyways here is an update.

It was pretty rough getting back in the work groove after the long weekend. I feel like we are never in Birmingham in the weekends. Not that this is the kind of city you miss when you're not here. We went back to Knoxville last weekend. Jen went to a bachelorette party, and I hung out with some old friends. I got to go to my favorite place in Knoxville - Barleys.

We got back and Jen was supposed to start work at the pharmacy this week. However, the people in charge are incredibly unorganized. Jen has spent the past three days calling her old pharmacy in Knoxville and playing the middle man between them in Birmingham. Apparently her "boss" here is too lazy to call and get all the paperwork straightened out. This has been going on all week, but hopefully tomorrow she will be able to start some computer training. It has been nothing but a pain so far though.

The bank job is still going well. My branch may hit its numbers so that means a bonus for everyone. You do realize how funny people are about money when you work at a bank. Most people have this idea that banks are non-for-profit organizations and we should never charge anyone fees or interest.

I have some pics to post - I will try to work on that soon.

No comments: