Sunday, July 13, 2008

Dog Days of Summer


This was a pretty eventful weekend for Jen and I. I will give the rundown of the events.

Saturday morning I went to the eye doctor for my annual exam. After waiting 45 minutes for the doctor to see me, I finally had my exam. I found out that I have healthy eyes, but still have horrible vision. My contact perscription got stronger. I also had the joy of having my eyes dialated. I looked like a stoner for the next four hours.

After they uncharacteristically long doctors appointment we headed up to Huntsville to see our good friend Kendall. Since Kendall is not allergic to dogs we were able to take Taylor to meet her "uncle" as well. We had a really got time in Huntsville. We went to a couple malls, ate at this great little Mexican place called Rosie's cantina, and hit the sonic for a blast. We ended up watching "The Bucket List" which was suprisingly dissappointing in my opinon.

We headed back to Birmingham this morning and I went for a run and Jen went to the gym. At the gym Jen said there was an overweight old man on the elliptical not wearing a shirt. She said his fat jiggled and he was covered in sweat as he kept riding the elliptical. This afternoon I attempted to hit the pool while Jen did some grocery shopping. Of course 10 minutes after I get there the sun goes in and it proceeds to storm.

No comments: