Sunday, July 6, 2008

my resume

The other night I was having some trouble getting to sleep. For some reason I started counting the jobs I've had, and apparently I've had several. So I thought I would list my jobs in the order I had them, and right what I really did at each one.

Dry Cleaners Clerk - Basically I watched tv, listened to cd's and did my homework the majority of time I was working.

Bank Teller - I read a lot of Cosmopolitan magazine and heard way to much about ladies "cycles."

Tennis Club sub lifeguard - This was in the summers when I wasn't working at the bank. I got a really good tan.

Public Relations Firm Intern - I was a glorified errand runner

Parks and Recreation Intern - A lot of web surfing

Athletic Department Intern - I did a lot of writing that was work related.

UT Pool sub lifeguard - Got a really good tan when I worked.

Human Resources/data entry associate - Sat on the couch, entered data and watched a lot of Magnum PI.

Truck Rental Associate - Got cussed at by rednecks, learned to drive a semi truck, watched MacGyver at one of our locations, updated my blog almost daily, Used instant messenger

Banker - This is my current job and I actually stay busy enough that I don't get "off task"

So I have had roughly ten jobs since I was 16. I think I was surprised that I've worked so many places and didn't realize it. Nonetheless as you can see not all the jobs required my full attention. I was not a total slacker at all these jobs but a lot of them came with dead time and the boss was aware that other stuff was going on.

No comments: