Monday, September 1, 2008

The only thing that rolls is toilet paper

It's the time of year when the trash talk starts and the orange comes out of the closet. That's right - It's fall and that means college football.

Once again, I'm working in an office where I'm the minority as far being a college football fan. We have a couple Alabama fans and a few Auburn among other schools. I can't help that those that wear the crimson on Friday didn't know you have to go north to Knoxville to get a quality education. It's not my fault that they don't know that Tuscaloosa is secondary compared to the great city of Knoxville.

They are currently running a commercial in Alabama about a defensive player who wrote a poem that has now been printed on the back of a t-shirt. It's called the "Alabama Way." The funny thing is that this guy's claim to fame is he was on an Alabama team that hate the number 1 rated defense two years ago. He does not have a national championship, sec championship, or a Heisman. I haven't taken time to read the poem, so I can't comment on its content. I just find it funny that they have sold out of these shirts in Alabama already.

Yes, they did beat Clemson the other night. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then. Tennessee plays tonight and that will justify how good the rest of my week at work will go. If we win, I will be left alone and the no one will question the orange blazer that I will undoubtedly wear this fall. However, if we lose on the same weekend Alabama wins, my co-workers, my customers, and my neighbors will make sure I am aware of Tennessee's defeat.

With all that being said all I can do is say a big GO VOLS for tonight against UCLA. Hopefully this will be the start of a good season.

1 comment:

Zac said...

If you really want to know about the quality of Alabama higher education talk to them about how community colleges in Alabama were loaning money to other community colleges in Alabama WITH interest. Let's not even talk about the absurdity that is some 2 year institutions loaning money to other 2 year institutions let alone interest. Also we could talk about the corruption both academically and athletically. But you know that's all just stuff to think about.

Not like we've been talking about these things in my classes or anything.