Sunday, September 21, 2008

Walk of Shame

I feel confident in saying that almost everyone that reads this blog either watched first hand or heard about the massacre in Neyland on Saturday. The score didn't look as bad, compared to last years beating in the swamp. However, what hope do the mighty vols have for the rest of the season.

We play Auburn this week who barely lost to LSU. We play Georgia who is ranked ahead of Florida. We also play Alabama who hog tied the Arizona razorbacks. All in all things aren't looking up for Tennessee.

Unfortunately I don't have a lot of things I can do here in Alabama besides watch college football. When a Tennessee game comes on I'm going to find myself in front of the TV watching and praying. I had the opportunity to travel to Auburn next weekend and watch the game. The ticket prices were not outrageous, but the gas would have been moderately costly. I decided to save the money, and based on yesterday's performance I think I made a good decision.

I don't want to sound like a bandwagon fan. I love the vols and I will always cheer and route for my alma matre. However, when you live in the middle of tide country you kind of hope that your team plays respectable. This makes the second Monday I have had to go to work and do the walk of shame. Everyone knows what happened and I'm the walking punch line because I have TN stuff proudly displayed all over my desk.

If we could find a way to beat Auburn and Alabama I wouldn't care if we lost all the other games of the season.

No comments: