Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

2008 has come and gone and today starts a brand new year. From my last post everyone learned of my resolutions. I am happy to say that I only drank one soft drink today. It was pretty rough, but I drank mostly water. I did have a Gatorade and a glass of eggnog. Yeah, I'm one of those weird people that like eggnog.

Jen and I spent this New Years in Birmingham. This is something we have not done before. My parents came down on Tuesday and are leaving tomorrow. Last night we went to a restaurant called Sweet Bones Alabama. It was very good, I got the pork chops. Then we headed back home and hung out with Carson and Dick and rung in the New Year.

It was a good New Years. Very laid back, but Jen and I enjoyed spending time together and it was good to hang out with my parents. Ironically, we saw the ball drop at 11pm Central Standard Time and there was no countdown or tv special to speak of for those of us on central time.

We also went to see The Curious Case of Benjamin Button today. It was not exactly what I expected, but it was good. A little long but it was one of those movies that its good just to say you've seen.

No comments: