Thursday, May 8, 2008

In case you were wondering

After my first week at the bank things have been going pretty well. I'm slowly starting to get the hang of things, and realizing that this job can be a lot of fun. There are some things that will be mundane, but I get to talk to people all day long. Today I talked to a guy about motor scooters, another guy about the discovery channel, and some one else about the beach. I get paid to listen to peoples stories and help them out. I think that is kind of cool.

However, this doesn't just apply to customers. After a week of being the only male at my training branch it finally happened. Today, out of nowhere I found myself in the middle of a conversation that I did not want to hear. To sum it up, it was two ladies telling me about how they explained puberty, hormones, and things that 13 year old boys learn to do. It didn't know if I should laugh or just be disgusted. I opted to smile and laugh.

Jen has had a pretty rough week. The people at Walgreens basically told her she could work at their location in the ghetto or not work at all. This stinks because they only have about 60 locations in Birmingham, but for some reason they want Jen at this one because she is experienced. She also found out that she has to pull an all nighter at work next Monday. Also, she found out she has some conflicts on weekends that we had planned to do stuff.

Being in Birmingham alone has been pretty boring, but I have actually done some productive stuff. I did the laundry, cleaned all the dishes, and have cleaned this week. I'm not saying I like doing this stuff but at least I can function as an adult when necessary.

It's back to Knoxville this weekend for Mother's Day. I'm going to squeeze in a trip to the japanese restaraunt and a hair cut while I'm in town.

No comments: