Monday, May 5, 2008

Mexico: I've never really been, but I'd sure like to go


I hope everyone is celebrating cinco de mayo today. What better excuse to go eat mexican food and have a good time than the 5th of May. It also happens to be my mom's birthday, who is currently vacationing in San Francisco with my dad. I do miss the days of being taken on a free vacation with my parents.

Over the weekend I made the trek to Knoxville to hang out with Jen and my parents pre-vacation. Saturday we ran some errands and went to Calhouns for mom's birthday. It was just as good as I remember it being. My mom is a bit of a procrastinator so me and Jen spent the rest of the evening running errands with her so she could get ready for her trip. We made it to Wal-Mart at about 10pm. The Wal-Mart near my hometown must have had the world's largest collection of ugly people in one night at that Wal-Mart. There were mullets galore and people that must only leave the house at night. You got to feel sorry for people that get beat with the ugly stick.

Sunday Jen and I headed up to the outlets in Pigeon Forge. I picked up some dress clothes for the new job and some other odds and ends.

Jen and I got some good news and bad news today.

Good News: My aunt and uncle are staying at a friend of theirs condo on Pensacola Beach for Memorial Day weekend and they want us to come down and stay with them. This basically translates in to a free beach trip for Jen and I. Definitely excited about that.

Bad News: Jen got an email saying that she is supposed to work at one of the most ghetto Wal-Greens. It's in a really bad area of town, where I was told is not a good place to be. Hopefully she can get it changed before her first day.

I've got more stuff to write about but I've pretty much exhausted this posting. More updates this week.

No comments: