Thursday, May 22, 2008

"The sun, the sand, and a cold drink in my hand"

I realize my blog has taken a back seat lately. It's not on purpose, it's just that now that I don't sit in the closet/rental office all day anymore it seems my free time has decreased. Don't get me wrong I have free time, cause I get home from work earlier, but I've been enjoying the awesome weather and getting to hang out with Jen.

This weekend marks the first of 10 bank holidays that I get each year. This is an odd feeling. I haven't had off Memorial Day in two years. Typically its the busiest moving weekend of the year, which meant, you know who was slinging trucks all weekend while his friends were out on the lake.

But not this year. I get off work at 5pm tomorrow, I'm swinging by Wendy's to pick up dinner, and hopefully we will be on the road by 6. I have found a great advantage to living in Birmingham. We are only 3 1/2 hours away from the beach. This is much better than the 8 hour trek I am used to making from Knoxville. So instead of renting trucks this year, I'll be sitting on Pensacola beach enjoying my holiday weekend.

The job still seems to be going well. I got a good job email from the boss yesterday for opening up a certain type of account. I really like the branch and people I work with too.

Jen is still waiting to here if she can get her summer internship location moved out of the ghetto. Apparently the people at the pharmacy never learned common courtesy or how to hit the reply button on an email. She's emailed two different people multiple times, and left phone messages, yet they won't tell her what they plan to do. Hopefully we can get all this worked out before we hit the beach.

No comments: