Saturday, February 16, 2008

Babies, Flower sales, and transmissions

Let me start of by giving huge congratulations to my friends Ryan and Sam for the birth of their baby girl Kenzli. I wish I could be there to tell them in person, but I’m sure they will be great parents.

This past week we celebrated the overly commercialized holiday known as Valentine’s day. You know, the holiday that makes the average guy feel that if he doesn’t drop major cash and shower that special person with rose petals he is doomed for relationship tragedy. Luckily for me, I’m married, and vows supersede commercialized hype. Okay, so not really but me and Jen did have a good day. We didn’t do our normal big gift exchange but we had a really nice dinner at a local Italian restaurant called Nonnas.

I love Valentine’s Day because the next big holiday is………. Yes, my birthday. March 3, for all those inquiring minds. After March 3, there is St. Patty’s day, and Easter. All of which are noteworthy in their own right.

In other exciting news the transmission in Jen’s car may be going out. Yesterday the light came on and she had to floor the car to get it to go 3 mph. However, of course when I got home the car acted fine. Which I’m sure as soon as we get the car to the dealer it will be fine, and they will act like I’m crazy.

My mom is coming to visit this weekend so that generally means a dinner at the Cheesecake Factory and a trip to Sam’s. I’m pretty excited about both. It’s been a while since I have had that wonderfully pleasant taste of chocolate mousse cheesecake. And who doesn’t like Sam’s. Where else can you get a gallon of mayonnaise, a flat screen TV, 40 hotdogs, and a new set of tires in the same shopping trip?

That’s all I have for today, more entertaining post coming soon.

No comments: