Thursday, February 21, 2008

From Bravarian cars to French skunks

Jen brought me to work today. Apparently makers of fine German automobiles can’t coordinate ordering all parts necessary to fix a car. I can understand a delay in getting in the parts. What I can’t understand is why I call and leave, my personal service coordinator, multiple voice mails a day and he can’t call me back.

I don’t have the money to purchase one of these automobiles currently. But I would have a hard time ever buying one from the BMW in Birmingham. The service department is ridiculously inconsiderate and bad. It takes all of thirty seconds to pick up the phone and say “hello Mr. Brooks, I’m sorry we are still working on your car, but it will be fixed by (insert date here).” But instead the guy avoids my phone calls, but when I finally catch him at his desk what does he do? He acts like he’s my freaking best friend. Using terms like “buddy”, “man”, and I’ll holler at you when it’s done.

Don’t “holler” at me. Get on your phone in your big boy voice and explain the situation to me, so I don’t call 20/20 and beg them to review your inefficient service practices.

Did anyone catch American Idol? I personally was a fan of the guys over the girls, but there are some strange kids on that show. I use the term kids because a lot of them are 18, and since I’m almost a quarter century old, teenagers are kids.

I liked the guy with the dreads. I hope he gets the chance to bust out some Bob Marley because I think that would seal the deal for him. The Australian guy was good too. I think the female rocker girl is okay, but she scares me. Anyone sporting the same hair style as Pepe` Le Pew can’t be all-together.

1 comment:

Laura said...

i hope you and jen got her car back and it doesn't suck. i was surprised last night chekezie didn't get voted off. we should have an AI party or something for the finals....