Monday, February 11, 2008

DMV

I went to the DMV this morning. I got there shortly before 10am anticipating a quick turn around in getting my license and renewing my license plate. Not quite.

The security guard/license associate stated I must have my passport and social security card. I did not have my social security card, but it was my understanding a passport acted as a photo id, birth certificate and social security card. However, this lady did not understand my logic.

So I make the trip back to my apartment, find my social security card and return to the DMV. I now have the appropriate materials and get to take a number. At 11am I take number 52. They have just called 35. So I proceed to sit in the waiting area. By my observation I and two other people out of the 100 in the building had showered today. Ironically enough, we were also the only two not asking what the exact amount a license cost and if they take cash.

After an hour and a half of sitting among people that I felt at any time may turn around and cut out my liver, I finally decide to leave. At this point they were on number 44. So I have no license, not tag renewal and just the experience of sitting at the DMV among the general public for the better part of my morning.

Afterwards, I got the great joy of coming home, eating a sandwhich, and then going to get my teeth cleaned. Where I later found out I have a cavity that has to be filled. Man, what an awesome day.

No comments: