Wednesday, February 27, 2008

DMV, Idol, and UT

I went back to the DMV this morning. That makes the second time this week. I got there at 7:30am and stood outside in line until 8 when they opened. Once I was in line for 15 minutes I reached in my pockets and couldn’t find my cell phone or my keys. I was frantically checking all the pockets of my coat and pants. I determined I must have left them sitting in my car. This was concerning because the DMV is in the ghetto, but there was no way I was losing my space in line. Car theft is covered by insurance any ways.

So I get in the DMV and I’m first in line, and get in and out in about 15 minutes. My driver’s license picture is the single worse photo that has ever been taken of me. I look cross eyed, have this strange smile, my hair is matted down, my face looks white as a ghost and I look about 400lbs. However, there is no way I’m getting another one made so that will have to do until 2012.

As I leave the DMV I realize that my keys and phone are in the pocket of my fleece. I think, as I get older I’m losing my mind. Two weeks ago I managed to lose my mom’s AAA card, my cell phone, and my car keys in 2 days. I found two of the three, but still either I have half timers or CRS.

American Idol was slightly disappointing last night. I like the 70s musical era, but what I consider the classics are not what the 10 guys did. The Aussie rocked out some Fleetwood Mac, which wasn’t bad. He’ll go far just on his accent. It’s funny how Australians are seen as cool talkers in American. However, if I went to Australia they would just view me as a redneck from the states. Nothing like a southern drawl to make the rest of the world look at you funny.

“Once a Vol, always a Vol.” Tennessee was the number one team in the nation on Monday. Last night they lost in a heartbreaker to Vanderbilt. I think we’ll make it to the elite 8 and fight our way to the final four. It won’t be pretty, but there is nothing our team won’t do for a coach that will paint his chest for a basketball game.

No comments: