Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Half Way to 50

I haven’t blogged in a while so I thought I would start back with a weekend update.

Last weekend marked my entrance into this great world. As some of you may know I am an only child. My parents were lucky enough to achieve perfection on the first attempt so there were no needs for additional children.

Saturday morning my dad and I ran a 5k. It was great weather and my dad won his division. I finished second in my age group, which was cool, because I did not run fast. My dad is 29 years older than me and I have never beaten him in any running event in my entire life. He ran 18:24 for a 5k last Saturday. In Tennessee my dad is known as “that guy that runs down Emory rd every day at 5:30.”

Sunday night we went to the Cheesecake Factory and had a great dinner. They sang to me which was embarrassing but it was still cool. We had an ice cream cake from Brusters for dessert. Sunday was also the second nicest day we have had all year; Second only to Monday when it was 78 and sunny. The pool at my apartment complex was packed. That is unheard of to have that many people at a pool the first weekend in March.

Monday was a gorgeous day and also my birthday. I got an ipod shuffle for my birthday so I loaded some songs on it and took it out for a 5-mile test run. It worked really well and was super light so you don’t even realize you have it on you. After the run Jen and I got a massage from this place down the road. It was amazing. Last night we had ice cream cake and cookie cake with some of our friends at the apartment. I love an excuse to double up on my dessert intake in the middle of the week.

So that’s a summary of my last few days here in the ham. There will be a collaborative list of “man rules” as my next post. I’m still compiling the list, but will post soon.

1 comment:

Zac said...

I'm excited about the next post.