Sunday, January 11, 2009

1-25 Interesting Things

In the blog world, all the cool kids write 100 interesting things about themselves for their 100th post. I'll probably break my 100 things in to a few posts, and "interesting" may be a stretch, but here are some things you may or may not know about me.

1. The only time in my life that I voted republican was in Kindergarten. I voted in the Brickey Elementary Election for George Bush Sr.

2. I have been on stage at the Tennessee Theatre - I was dressed as Cher

3. I have been involved in a high speed automobile chase. I was 17 in the back of Zac's car. The Chase lasted approximately 15 minutes ending in a neighborhood of Fountain City.

4. My senior year of college I was a columnist for the UT newspaper.

5. I can drive a semi-truck well enough to maneuver in a parking lot.

6. I have run 4 half-marathons.

7. I have never beaten my dad in a race. My dad is one of the fastest runners his age in the state of Tennessee.

8. I had acne and over sized glasses all through middle school. If I could erase 3 years from my life, it would be 6-8th grade.

9. While working at a bank in high school and college I picked up two girls in the drive-thru. It did not end well either time. The downside was they knew where to find me.

10. I was once interrogated for an hour before attempting to take a girl on a date. Coincidently one of the girls from the drive-thru. I canceled the date after meeting the psychotic dad.

11. I spent a long time thinking that I wanted to be a weatherman. I would watch the weather channel like it was HBO. However, all the math and science required for that field drove me in to communications.

12. I never had a pet until I was 24 years old. My first pet is a cat named Emma. My second pet is a dog named Taylor.

13. My last semester of college I worked in the athletic department. I had a pass to get on the field and in the sky boxes. I have watched kickoff from the sidelines - It was pretty much awesome.

14. Both my parents have degrees and backgrounds in working with children. I was once asked to watch an after school community center as part of a job I had. It was a horrible experience. I am horrible with children, which is funny considering my parents backgrounds. The tv broke so I organized a game of dodgeball. Bad idea. It ended violently with a white kid calling a black kid a monkey. I had to separate them. They were scary.

15. I quit my first bank job to work at a public relations firm. It was supposed to be a lot of hands on experience. I was basically a runner. I wrote one press release and ran about 50 errands a day.

16. I lifeguarded two summers and never had to save a life.

17. I was the number one tennis player at my high school my senior year.

18. My doubles partner and I were runners up at the district tournament my senior year.

19. Every time I go to Miyabi (Japanese food) I plan my evening around stopping by the house to use the bathroom.

20. I never pooped at school from Kindergarten until my college graduation.

21. I have phobias of public bathrooms.

22. While in high school and some in college I put highlights in my hair and spiked it.

23. I did not like to eat steak until I was 22 years old.

24. I rarely wore jeans in high school. I may have only owned a couple t-shirts. I wore khaki pants, sweaters, or Abercrombie button downs almost every day.

25. My sophomore year in high school, me and my friends (the preppy kids) all bought khaki JNCOs and wore them with Abercrombie sweaters.

No comments: