Tuesday, January 13, 2009

26-50

26. The first concert I went to was Joe Diffie when I was in middle school.

27. I have driven my Honda for 9 years now and it's still running strong.

28. I wore glasses from the second grade through the eighth. They were always the teardrop style. I got contacts before high school and I have rarely worn glasses as opposed to contacts since.

29. I bought a guitar after my first year of college in hopes to impress girls. I wanted to be the guy with the semi-long hair that could whip out his guitar and play the white blues. I can play a few chords and pretty basic songs on the guitar. I did not impress any girls with my playing, yet I did put it out there a few times when trying to meet some girls.

30. The first time I kissed Jen I chickened out and kissed her on the head instead of the lips. When I say head, I mean hair, like the crown of her head.

31. My sophomore year of college I took the history of rock n' roll. There was a girl that I wanted to take out but I hadn't talked to her. In an effort to strike up a conversation I used a classic pick up line. I said "hey, nice shirt." But sadly it wasn't a nice shirt, it was a Joe's Crab Shack t-shirt and she was not impressed.

32. I can probably recite every line of the Karate Kid.

33. Speaking of the Karate Kid. When I was in Kindergarten I asked my hair dresser to dye my hair black and part my hair down the middle. My did not allow me to part my hair down the middle.

34. I had a bowl cut in the fifth grade. I thought I was cool like Zac Morris. I was really just a chubby kid, with teardrop glasses, and a bowl cut.

35. The first time I tried alcohol it was wine from a box and I was 17. I thought it was nasty.

36. I have never beaten Jen at Monopoly.

37. When I was introduced to Jen I did not intend on dating her. I told the person who fixed us up that I might hang out with her and that's it. We all see how that ended up.

38. I once scored 22 points in a JR. Pro basketball game. The was the most I'd ever scored in a game. I was in the eight grade and I had this nice strap to wear on the back of my glasses so they wouldn't fall off.

39. I made the All-Star basketball team when I was in the eight grade. I road the pine most of the season.

40. Before I got my first job, I worked for my dad's office. They paid me to do data entry from home. Every day I would enter information in to an Excel spreadsheet and watch Magnum PI. It was great.

41. When I was in Kindergarten Evy Harold punched me in the face and gave me a bloody nose. My mom said it was because she liked me.

42. My first job was as a dry cleaning clerk. I got paid to watch tv and do my homework.

43. My favorite book is probably "A Pirate Looks at 50" by Jimmy Buffett.

44. At two separate times in college I grew a beard.

45. I can not sleep without a small pillow that I have had since I was a child. Jen thinks the pillow is nasty and should be thrown away. It was my grandfathers when he was in the Navy. I consider it a family heirloom.

46. I have worn a watch since I was 5 years old. Not the same watch, but I've always had a timepiece on my left hand.

47. The summer I moved to Birmingham I bought two fish at Wal-Mart. One of the fish ate the other but it is still alive. Her name is Lola and she is currently a year and a half old. That's a pretty long life for a Wal-Mart fish that lives in an aquarium that has dirty water in it.

48. When I was in the first grade my dad told me he would give me $5 if I could recite the alphabet backwards. I practiced and could do it pretty well. I went to school to share with my teacher. She felt there were more important things I could be learning than how to recite the alphabet backwards.

49. In middle school everyone either joined the band or chorus. I chose to join the band. I attempted to play trumpet and was horrible. I was forced to switch to the tuba. The ultimate of nerdy band instruments. I wasn't much better at tuba. I quit band after 8th grade.

50. I always smile with my mouth open in pictures. Sometimes they don't quite turn out correctly. Christy Widener used to call it my "steven smile." If the mouth is too wide though, Jen says I just look goofy.

No comments: