Monday, March 17, 2008

Irish training


I spent the past day and a half in Atlanta. Aside from listening to Nascar on the radio during the drive, and the hotel being the worse ever, it was an alright time. I got a chance to really talk to some people I work with and hang out with some old friends. It's funny how everyone has the same thoughts about work stuff.

I spent all of today learning how to treat people correctly when they come in. This is under the impression that I lived under a rock and had no social skills whatsoever. Although useful information, everyone in the room has a college degree. So it seemed odd that we would spend 8 hours discussing communications practices I learned my sophomore year of college. However, I got paid, free lunch, free snacks and a day away from the mundane.

Speaking of communications practices work is on the email patrol. This really sucks because the coolest boss I've had just got a new job. NC if you still read this, you are missed for sure. So work is slowly turning in to junior high with a paycheck.

In other news Jen is staying at the Venetian in Las Vegas. She called today to inform me there were 3 flat screen tv's in their suite. Including one in the bathroom. So needless to say I'm incredibly jealous.

Lastly my Vols came away with the 2 seed in the same bracket as North Carolina. I will be interested to see how the tournament plays out. If we can't be Arkansas we are sure going to have some problems in the coming days. But I'll still support my orange as long as they can take the court.

1 comment:

MOOK said...

I think you might have some orange blinders on, but ya never know, anything can happen during March Madness! Thanks for the whole coolest boss thing, it was a pleasure having employees like you and LC, it made my job a lot easier! GOOD LUCK in the tourney!!