Sunday, March 30, 2008

What was I thinking?

This morning marked the day of my half marathon. This was the fourth half marathon I have ever run, and the third Knoxville half marathon.

I knew going in to the race I wasn't as in as good of shape as I have been in years past. However, since I was not worried about finishing in a certain time I figured I would be fine. For the most part I was fine, until I got to the ninth mile. I was clicking off decent splits for the first 8, and then I physically hit a wall.

I did not know the bottom of your feet could hurt as bad as mine did, but literally the bottom of my feet felt as if they were on fire. This made for a great combination with my soar calfs, hamstrings, and quads. And I don't know why but my shoulders feel like I've been carrying weights on them all day. However, I survived and I'll feel better in a few days.

Despite all the aches and pains I'm still glad I did it.

If there is ever a marathon, half marathon, or a longer race in general by your house, let me take this chance to encourage you to cheer if you aren't going to participate. It's amazing how a stranger encouraging you, or playing random music in front of there house can motivate you.

No comments: