Friday, March 14, 2008

Pierced left ear, mustache, neon – must be the 80s

Jen’s car once again is making odd noises. Last week we swapped it out with her mom’s accord. Jen has been driving my car since it has a Samford parking tag on it, and I have been driving her mom’s.

I like her mom’s car mainly because it has XM radio. At first I was drawn to the top 20-request station. But then driving to work one morning I found, what can only be described as one of the best creations since individually wrapped cheese – The top 40 - 80s station. I was drawn in at first by the catchiness of those classic tunes. There is nothing quite like jamming to some Bon Jovi on the way to work to start your day off right.

However, what started as a fondness for a radio station has become an addiction. I can’t get enough of that synthesizer in the background, and those oh so catch melodies. It’s like I’m taken back to elementary school. Billy Ocean, Eddie Money, Men at Work, please come back and revive pop radio. I need a little less “shorty got low low low….” And a little more “get out of my dreams, and in to my car.”

Side Note– this fondness for radio does not encourage Paula Abdul’s attempt at a comeback.

Moving on, this Sunday Jen leaves for Vegas and I leave for Atlanta. I’m definitely getting the shaft here. I have training, so I along with 5 others are going over Sunday night and will get home Monday night. Not that I mind training, I just really mind going on my two off days. However, it is better than the alternative of answering the phone all day. Also, I get to see some friends from Knoxville, so that is good. I may even attempt a blog update from my new phone.

However, while I’m learning the ins and outs of my job, Jen will be living the lavish life in the city of sin. Those slot machines and blackjack tables are calling my name. However, Jen views Vegas as a nice place to shop so I don’t expect to go to the bank and see a $0 balance in all our accounts.

No comments: