Monday, March 10, 2008

Tech out of luck

Technology is a fickle thing. It always choses just the right time to go out. This has always been a constant in my life.

My first Ipod broke about 2 months after the warranty went out. Jen's Razr phone died about 4 months after warranty and 4 months before renewal. Most recently, the screen on my phone went out. All the calling features still worked but there was no visibility for incoming or outgoing calls. This really but a damper in my texting. After spending two days on the phone with AT&T I finally got tired of dealing with India about my issue.

I would talk with one person and they would agree to upgrade our plan so I could get the promotional rate. However, the next person would say I must wait until April 24. Today I finally just went in the store down the road and talked to a sales rep. She agreed to renew my plan and sell me a phone at a promotional price.

I opted to buy the Blackberry Curve, which I am thoroughly enjoying. However, I thought I would be clever this time and purchase the extended warranty/insurance. Yet, on blackberry products you are not giving this option. I still got the phone, but I kind of expect it to break after a year and to repeat all these problems.

No comments: