Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Before I'm 30

When I was 18 years old and starting college I made a list of things I wanted to accomplish before I was 30. Somewhere over time I lost that list but I still remember a lot of the things on it. I’m going to re-visit that idea and make an updated list of some goals, and most of them are not the same ones I had fresh out of high school.

1. To own a house – I’m not necessarily talking about my dream home, but to have a place with a garage, a deck, and some trees would be nice.
2. To visit Europe – This was also on my previous list. Hopefully when Jen graduates we will have the time and money to make this trip. If not I suppose Epcot at Disneyworld may be as close as we come for a few more years.
3. To play guitar well – I have a guitar, and I can play some chords. I can play a couple almost sounds similar to the original versions, but I’d like to actually be proficient at it.
4. To own a real Rolex watch – For some reason this has always been something I have wanted. I like watches, and having the Rolex is just a way of knowing you’ve made it.
5. To run under 20 minutes for a 5k – This goal was a little easier when I was 19 and in shape. However, hopefully I can get back in shape and start running better.
6. Get a masters degree - Part of me wants to get a masters in communication for the simple fact I think it would be interesting. Realistically the MBA may be more beneficial, but then we go back to the whole problem of me and not liking math.

Those are just a few things, and I plan on revisiting this topic from time to time.

For those that were curious here are some things I remember from my original list.
Learn to sail a boat

- Live at the beach
- See Jimmy Buffett Live (accomplished)
- Attend a professional sporting event (accomplished) - braves game and US Open tennis
- Run a half marathon (accomplished 4 times)
- learn to play guitar (I can play some chords)
- bungee jump (did a slingshot bungee jump at the beach)
- visit Europe

1 comment:

Christy Widener said...

What "work for a company where you are often overlooked and have to deal with idiots daily" is not on your list?