Thursday, April 24, 2008

One is the lonliest number


So Jen is gone for the next three weeks. Despite the fact that I miss her, I'm bored out of my mind here in Birmingham. I grew up an only child and had to entertain myself most of life, but when you are used to having someone around its weird being alone.

I'm not locked up alone in my apartment cut off from the world or anything, but its definitely hard to occupy the hours from 4pm-11pm when I come home to this empty apartment. So far this to occupy some time I have visited the dry cleaners twice, went to the grocery story to by Styrofoam cups and straws, and worked out and run numerous times. Today I was bored after work so I ran, and then went an worked out a couple hours later.

You know things are getting bad when you start trying to have conversations with the cat. She doesn't talk back or anything, but she has been my buddy this week. She's normally feisty and likes to bite and pounce. I guess she knows that with Jen gone she is not far from being replaced with a friendlier animal. Just kidding - kind of.

Anyways, tomorrow wraps up the first week of work for me and Jen. Her and my mom are coming down here so I'm pretty excited to have company. Not sure what we'll do, but I'm sure we will eat good.

Next week I'm going to attempt to be more sociable. Maybe go hit some golf balls, run with my neighbor, or even go do something in the evening.

Anybody got any interesting ways they entertain themselves while alone?

No comments: