Sunday, April 13, 2008

my weekend

So some random thing went on this weekend I felt may be worth mentioning.

Saturday the music store that my office is located in had a Guitar Hero contest. As many middle and high schoolers filled the store I started to become intrigued. So I emerged from my little hole in the instruction rooms only to find Jeff Carlisi from the band .38 special leading a clinic at the front of the store. I'm not a huge .38 special fan, but they had some good hits back in the day. One of my favorites is "Hold On Loosely" among several others.

Anyways this guy was up front talking about the neighborhood he grew up in. He said all the kids in his neighborhood grew up to be in either Lynard Skynard or .38 special. That must have been a rocking neighborhood back in the day. Anyways it was really cool to stand and watch this guy do some amazing stuff with an electric guitar.

Today we visited a new church. We only sang two worship songs and I had never heard either. The praise band had horns and a choir, and it was just a strange combination. The pastor seemed intelligent enough but he used to be a professor, and church felt a lot like a college lecture. Needless to say, it was not for us.

I plan on spending the rest of the day watching the masters and our birds on the feeder. Jen has finals next week, so she has her nose in the books today. Me and the cat will just have to hang out and watch some golf and birds.

No comments: