Sunday, April 20, 2008

Every Weekend Should last 3 Days

I decided I would write about mine and Jen's weekend once again on this blog. I realize we never do anything that people would refer to as exciting, but I know that somewhere out there someone is reading this to kill two minutes at work. And I feel it is my duty to encourage mindless internet cruising while at work. So, on with the update.

Friday marked my first and last day of "unemployment." To celebrate Jen and I slept in and laid around the house most of the morning. We then decided to visit the Birmingham Botanical Gardens, one of the states most popular attractions. Me and Jen are not necessarily "nature" people, but we really enjoyed walking around the gardens. We were amazed there was something so nice that was free in Birmingham. It was definitely peaceful and serene to walk around in the gardens. Later on that night we went to a restaurant called wings, where I had a delightfully tasty order of teryaki chicken wings. We proceeded to rent Juno and see what all the hype was about.

Saturday Jen deemed "shopping day. We got up and hit the sales at Kohls and Macy's. I say Jen deemed it shopping day, but we mostly went so that I could try and find some new dress clothes for work. We ate lunch at the Olive Garden, and then ate dessert later that evening at The Melting Pot. The fondue chocolate was absolutely delicious.

*As a side note I cold barely walk Saturday from doing squats at the gym the previous day. So I basically looked like a 90 year old man hobbling around the mall. I could barely make it up stairs. I would have fought an old lady for her walker.

Today we slept in and scoped out the training site I have to go to tomorrow for training. We went to the pool this afternoon to lounge and read some magazines in the awesome weather. It was in the low 80s for those readers not living in Birmingham. Other than that we pretty much have just been getting read for the coming week. Jen heads back to Knoxville on Tuesday for her three week rotation for pharmacy school.

That is the update for this weekend. I hope it can kill some time for some of you. Also, I have recently changed the setting on this blog to allow comments from non-users. That means anyone reading is welcomed and encouraged to leave a comment every now and then and let me know your reading. I mean, you don't have to comment if the post is lame, but every now and then let me know you are out there.

More updates on our new jobs to come this week.

1 comment:

Laura said...

well thanks to you, I begin my 12 hour day today, starting at 28th street and ending my day at 280. hah. anyway, hope the new job is going well!