Wednesday, April 2, 2008

"only 30 minutes"

So a lot of stuff has been going on this week. I passed my background check and drug test, so I've officially been offered a new job at a bank. I'm pretty pumped for various reasons, but ultimately it gives me more time at home with Jen.

I attempted to set up a meeting with my boss to resign in person tomorrow. He called me so I ended up doing everything by phone. Someone is supposed to come by my office and pick up my letter tomorrow and go over the exit policy. I'm trying to go out on a positive note. My boss was on some major pain killers today so he took the news pretty well.

Right now my last day is projected at April 17, and I will start the new job April 21. This gives me a strategically placed three day weekend in between jobs. Me and Jen are already planning to make that a fun weekend. The 22nd of April Jen will drive back to Knoxville for her three week rotation.

I haven't posted anything about changing jobs on here, but its been in the works for about the past month and a half. Last week I found out that pending the background check and drug test, I'm officially hired. So, I'm not worried about either of these, but Monday my current boss has a meeting. He calls everyone and says "it will only last 30 minutes." Well, my boss couldn't make it, and he sent two other people to lead a workshop on reading and accessing reports. The meeting took 3 hours. Let me tell you it was excruciating sitting through that, knowing that in a couple days I would be resigning.

In other random news, I think my cat may be bi-polar. One minute she will be sitting with me and Jen very peaceful, and the next she's biting and having a panic attack. I don't know much about cats, but this does not seem normal. She's getting better, but I really think she has so emotional problems.

2 comments:

Christy Widener said...

Ummm....your cat is normal. That is what 50% of cats do. That is why I said don't get a cat.

-christy

Laura said...

ohhh goodness...can't believe you turned it in. can't believe it's official. you lucky lucky lucky.