Saturday, April 5, 2008

One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain

So I'm writing this blog trying to occupy my last 30 minutes of work. I'm basically stealing the idea for the blog from my friend Zac. Zac wrote about what defines a favorite band, and proceeded to list his top bands. I really liked his definition and idea, so I'm making a list of my top bands of all time. For a definition of a favorite band please visit http://zacjx.blogspot.com

So here is my list of favorite artists/bands of all time in no particular order.

1. Jimmy Buffett - yeah, he's an old guy, but the man is a legend. He has also evolved his songs and sound over time. You can't go to any restaraunt or night spot in Florida and not come accross at least one of his songs being covered.

2. Dave matthes Band - These guys are timeless. I prefer there older stuff as many do, but they continue to make great music. Sure their last studio album was a little "off the mark" but I'm sure the next will be right on.

3. Everclear - Most people don't know that I used to be really in to alternative rock back in high school. I couldn't get enough of these guys. I even converted my dad in to a fan.

4. Keith Urban - I realize that listing a country act may discredit my last for many of you. However, go see this guy live, he is a freaking rock star.

5. Kenny Chesney - I think deep down Kenny really wants to be Jimmy Buffett, but he always has some songs I can relate too. I guess it's that East TN upbringing of his.

7. O.A.R.- I really got in to these guys in college. Yeah its jam band "frat rock" but with catchy melodies you can't help but like them.

8. Griffin House - One of my favorite singer/songwrites.

9. Matt Nathanson- This guy is as funny as he is talented.

10. Nickel Creek - Although they have broken up in my mind they can do no wrong. Some of my best memories are listening to these guys on the way to go backpacking in East TN.

So that is my list. Most people probably would not put those 10 people together, but that's why it is my list and not theirs.

No comments: