Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Apparently I'm a criminal

I was going to blog on the importance of the Karate Kid to the American society and how it is truly a classic film. However, a change of events this afternoon have post-poned (not canceled, Ryan) my post.

This afternoon I came home and me and Jen got ready to go to the gym. I ran down to the mailbox to check our mail before we went. The usual stuff, a couple bills, wedding invitation, junk, and this mysterious orange postcard.

I know you are thinking, a postcard, must be junk.

Well, this particular postcard addressed to Steven Lee Brooks (not my middle name) was to inform me their was a warrant out for my arrest. Yes, I'm wanting in 10 counties in Texas and they will not rest until I am apprehended. This is part of their warrant round-up program. Lucky me.

Let's look at what's wrong with this picture.
1. I've never been to Texas. I kind of wanted to visit two of my friends that live there, but apparently that would not be safe for my well-being at this time
2. I've not committed any crimes. I'm not a criminal, maybe a speeder, but definitely not a hardened criminal with reason for my arrest.
3. Has anyone ever heard of a constable? Because this notice was sent from a constable in Texas.

Needless to say it looks like a scam, because they don't have my name right and they will only accept payments by form of credit card. I plan on calling tomorrow and seeing if this is even a real place. So, as the old saying goes, Don't Mess with Texas.

On another note, our cat is getting spade and de-clawed on Wednesday, so we would appreciate it if everyone would keep her in their thoughts and prayers. Or to tell her in person you can find her on catbook - 2nd cousin to facebook.
df

No comments: