Sunday, January 27, 2008

Ouch

Jen and our neighbor Jen took advantage of the free personal trainer service offered at our apartment's gym. The girls went through 40 minutes of different exercises, only to come home and barely be able to walk up stairs. The have signed up for this abuse, indefinitely, twice a week.

I found their pain and lack of climbing mobility mildly entertaining, until today. Today Nathan (Jen's husband) and I went for a five mile run. Unfortunately, now my right quad feels like hers and I too am struggling. I guess that's the price of exercise.

Last night we had our game night with a few friends. We played a dvd game called shout about movies/music. It was really cool, and the dvd kept score for you. We played guys versus girls and it was pretty much a testosterone massacre. I guess guys are better with the useless knowledge.

Today we attempted to go to a large Methodist church but got lost on our way. We ended up going to a church we had visited before. We got there 15 minutes late and left about 10 minutes early. We stayed for an hour and 10 minutes. If you can do the math, you can realize while we weren't there the whole time. Next week, it's attempt number two for the Methodist church.

Tomorrow it's back to work after an abbreviated weekend. I have a feeling I'm going to stop volunteering for extra days the warmer it gets. I'm ready to get in some frisbee golf, hiking, bicycling, and pool lounging as the spring draws near.

No comments: